Thursday 31 December 2009

New Years Eve, New York Fashion





Its New Years Eve day, and lots of parcels arrived today, which I am very happy about. Especially, my New York purchases
NEW YORK IN FASHION by Sonnet Stanfill, which is a book I ordered off Amazon for about £3!(£30 rrp) Bloody Bargain...
I thought it could inspire me with this New York/American High street project.

There are interviews with Zac Posen and other New York born designers, as well as Sean 'Diddy' Combs and Gwen Stefani, who have built up their own cult 'celebrity' image to manufacture and sell clothes. 'These names are all unified by their consideration of New York City as central to their creative identity.'

The book also explores the cities importance as a twenty - first century fashion capital and traces New York's rise to an internationally recognised fashion capital.

I've had a quick glance through it and it seems like a good buy, there are over 100 illustrations/images and lots of written text to get reading up on!

The first picture above, is a picture I took In NYC, think it was somewhere along Broadway, near Times Square (August 09), it has a huge billboard of Sean Comb's fashion line, Sean John.
The second image is taken from zacposen.com and it is a photograph taken from his fall 09 collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment